I'm a professional computer security researcher with an extensive background in Linux systems administration and networking. My other competencies include applied cryptography, embedded systems, electronics and programming.
interests include cryptography and electronics. I often write software in my free time. Occasionally I actually bother to release it.
- Cracking Cryptocurrency Brainwallets
- Stealing Bitcoin with Math with Filippo Valsorda
- A Nickel Tour of the Ad Fraud Ecosystem
- The Bitcoin Brain Drain: Examining the Use and Abuse of Bitcoin Brain Wallets with Marie Vasek, Joseph Bonneau, Cameron Keith and Tyler Moore
- Speed Optimizations in Bitcoin Key Recovery Attacks with Nicolas Courtis and Guangyan Song
- Wired — Brainflayer: A Password Cracker That Steals Bitcoins From Your Brain
- Ars Technica — Password cracking attacks on Bitcoin wallets net $103,000
- Fast Company — Researchers Find A Crack That Drains Supposedly Secure Bitcoin Wallets
- DARKReading — Russian Hackers Run Record-Breaking Online Ad-Fraud Operation
- Kerbs on Security — Report: $3-5M in Ad Fraud Daily from ‘Methbot’